The Five Steps to Determine Eligibility


Are you (or is your spouse) eligible?

In order to be to be eligible for the Diversity Visa program, you must:

  1. Be a native of one of the qualifying countries AND
  2. Have at least a secondary school education or your country’s equivalent to an American high-school diploma
  3. OR have at least two years of training or professional experience in a skilled trade in past five years.

Please note that in order for a skill to be acknowledged as a skilled trade, the duration of the occupation in practice (e.g. training or experience) must be no less than 2 years.

Please note that if you were born in a country that is not recognized as a visa eligible country, you will not be able to apply for the visa unless either your spouse is from an eligible country, or if your parentswere born in an eligible country.


Complete the EDV

Once you have determined whether you, your spouse, or both of you are eligible to apply to the program, you will be required to complete our Electronic Diversity Visa Entry Form (EDV). Our experienced immigration agents will provide you with complete step-by-step support and guidance throughout the entire process in order to ensure that everything is being done properly. Once we will process your EDV we will provide you with an electronic confirmation number which will be issued to us by the State Department.

Furthermore, in order to further ease on you, we will be regularly monitoring the status of your application and keeping you informed you via the preferred contact method you have selected during the registration process (e.g. phone, postal mail or email).


(If You Win) decide whether you will adjust your status in the US or apply for an immigrant visa outside the United States

If you are already residing in the United States by having a working visa for instance, you can either (a) apply to adjust your status from there; meaning, to request an immigrant visa in order to receive your green card in the United States, or (b) to return to your home country and do it from there.

If you were to choose to return to your home country and do your immigrant visa there, you will have to schedule an interview at your local United States Consulate.

If you are a lottery winner and you live in the United States at that time, one of our immigration lawyers will contact you in order to determine whether you are eligible to submit an application to adjust your status.


Prepare for Your Interview

In case you are chosen as a winner, you will be invited for an interview with an examining officer.If you decided to file a request to adjust your status in order to indicate that you are a green card holder in the United States, you will be invited for an immigration officer for the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

If you are live abroad and have filed a request for a green card from outside (of) the United States, you will be interviewed by an official at the American consulate in your country of residence. Typically, the information you provide on your application will be verified during your interview, and the acceptance or denial of your application will be determined and notified to you on the same day


Enter the United States